Only 15k in 3dMark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dark strike1

In Runtime
I just ran 3d mark and I do not think this is correct. My configuration is below, and my graphic card is overclocked to 730/1802/1160. However I am thinking that my graphic card is faulty due to the fact that the fan settings do not show up in nvidia monitor, and/or in Rivatuner? I should atleast be getting around 18k correct?

no, thats about right.
i get about 16.5k with my 9450 @ 3.6 and a stock 4870 1gb.
i didnt quite get 18K with a gtx 280 and 9450.
of course, i dont tweak for the benchmark, i just run it.
if the fan runs, its not faulty. even if it was, it wouldnt have any effect on wether it showed up in RT or not. what version of riva are you running?

That's probably about right for a 9800gtx. If you OC your processor you should pull a higher score.

EDIT: here's a system similar to yours and it scored 16,402 @ 3.6 Ghz.
ORB - Compare

Ok that makes sense. I am using the latest version of rivatuner, but the fan setting do not show up, neither do they show up the in the nvidia control panel. So that's what got me thinking that the graphic card might be dying, the fan still runs so it should be good. Thanks.

If you got a GTX 260 Core 216 would probably be your best help at this point.....

But yeah, your score sounds about right. I hit 16k with my CPU at 4.1Ghz (stable) with this setup. The OC on the CPU made a difference of about 1500 to 2000 points.

Ok another reason I am starting to think my 9800 is going bad. Can someone explain why about every 5th restart of my computer, windows will load, get to the desktop then flash green for a couple seconds then the whole screen goes gray, and nothing happens after that. So I have to go into safe mode, reinstall the same drivers and reboot then it works after that??? I have reloaded the drivers more that 10 times. So anyone have any idea of what might be going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom