What's the deal with newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PizzatheHut06

Daemon Poster
I just checked on newegg, and the price of an Athlon XP 3200+ processor retail is $215 and an Athlon XP 2500+ is $92. When I was looking at parts for my comp and eventutally purchased the 2500+, the prices were $187 for the 3200 and $80 for the 2500. I don't understand that, because right now the 64 3200+ is the same price as the XP 3200+. I can't imagine them selling too many XPs. I'm a big newegg fan, but I might have to convert to zipzoomfly because they're prices are definitely better. Why is newegg jacking up the prices like this?

THE TECHNOLOGY IS DIFFERENT...that's why the prices don't compare in a lineage style.

AMD XPs are the top of the 32bit line. The AMD 64's are a seperate issue totally. They run different boards, speeds, etc, etc.

The AMD XPs won't be discontinued as long as they continue to make a profit and people remain in the usable 32bit environments. Regardless of what marketing press AMD puts out to get people to jump to the 64bits, the XPs aren't going to just pop off the market. Despite the apparent conception that everyone's running to the 64bits, there's a lot of people who simply aren't upgrading because they aren't going to pay the price for a chip that they can't fully use. ESPECIALLY since many of the new 64bit chips don't support dual-channel. The new 64FX chips are WAY out of the average/corporate buying market for their price. The craze is pretty much localized to specialized users and the gaming industry (which is full of upgrade-nuts).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom