Best gaming build for under $500

Status
Not open for further replies.
To max Crysis you must be willing to burn every single dollar bill you come across from now until next year.

joker-burning-money.jpg

As you can see, currently only the Joker is bad *** enough to max Crysis.

When building a system under a strict price guide what usually takes the biggest hit?

What should you never skimp on?

When building a system under a strict price guide what usually takes the biggest hit?

What should you never skimp on?

never skimp on the PSU... for other components there's other options that give just as much performance with tweaking... PSUs won't.

the case is usually that last thing people think of when building a system on a budget, and usually seems like it leaves the most to be desired (ie most people end up getting an Antec 300)

I don't understand the 250GB HDD drive recommendation at $50.

My favorite hard drives are Western Digitals, so I would never get this one...but $55 for 500GB is a good deal.

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG SpinPoint T Series HD501LJ 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Here is a WD Caviar GP for $60.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar GP WD5000AACS 500GB 5400 to 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

I have the WD Caviar SE16 640GB drive that I love, but if I were getting a new one right now it would be the WD Caviar Black. The 500GB is $75. Probably not necessary for a budget rig like this, so I would look at either the GP or the Samsung above.

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Black WD5001AALS 500GB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - Internal Hard Drives

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom