Problems with video card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lithium60

Beta member
Hi, I'm not sure if the video card is the problem or not. I have a NVIDIA GE Force FX 5200, it is a few years old :/

Reformatted hard drive on computer a few days ago, it worked fine before that. Reinstalled the card drivers but am having problems with my picture now.

When I open Internet explorer, screen turns black for a few seconds before coming back on. If I try to play any kind of game it repeatedly does this, going in and out of black screen before crashing alltogether.

Any help is greatly appreciated. I can try to provide more information if it will help.

What drivers did you use for the reinstall? The ones from the CD or the ones from the nvidia site?

What drivers did you use for the reinstall? The ones from the CD or the ones from the nvidia site?

I used the drivers from the CD.

my 8500gt did some thing similar to this. turned out it was over heating.

I'm not sure if it is related, but current temperature readings seem to be high for me:

Processor zone is at 151 Fahrenheit, System zone 1 is at 111 Fahrenheit, System Zone 2 is at 129 Fahrenheit.

I would get the latest set of drivers from teh nvidia site. I can almost guarantee that those ones you used are old and very out dated.

Are you getting any kind of error messages?

after the computer spontaneously reboots, I get a message that says that my computer has recovered from a serious error. The only time I got a message beforehand, it said something about a device failure, and that I should save all my work and restart. I couldnt do much however as the screen formatted itself to 640 by 580 resolution, or something odd like that, couldn't read text through the rainbow colored lines.

Sorry for being unable to be more technical in my information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom