My first overclock is it safe(screenshots)

Status
Not open for further replies.

v8killaz

In Runtime
need some advice on my oc
I have a amd 5400 x2 athlon black edition
I changed the fsb higher slowly and became familiar, doesnt seem like much but to me its better safe than sorry

temps are at a constant 35 celsius, well never got much of a load on it but maybe it will rise to 45max which doesn seem bad.

board is a
m2n32 sli deluxe
i did everything in the bios

heres the screen shot
of it stock factory and oc, the pc probe that asus uses says i get some weird v core voltage or abnormal
cpustock.jpg

cpuoc1.jpg

well heres what it said
vcore.jpg

that's a pretty good overclock for that chip. good job. as long as your temps are stable and under control then you should be fine and have nothing to worry about.

that's a pretty good overclock for that chip. good job. as long as your temps are stable and under control then you should be fine and have nothing to worry about.

yeah thanks alot
ive heard you can get it to 3.3 on air easily if your temp dont rise and have sufficiant airflow in ur case

I got a great cpu cooler and 5 case fans. I beileve have a good air circulation in my case.

Im just reading on how to overclock my memory and video card

btw is it better to change the multiplier or fsb on the cpu to overclock

My Mobo is VERY finicky about changing the FSB at all some I am stuck with upping my multiplier. Some of the best over clock's are achieved by finding a compromise between to two to create a more equal load on the components.

not very familiar with overclocking a AMD. i would do like rolling thunder4000 said and try to find a compromise between the two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom