I want to buy the best computer system imaginable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why bash him if that's what he wants to do? It is a ridiculous amount of money, but some people have got tons of cash to blow.

Then why doesn't he give it to someone on Tech Forums? I could live for a year on Falcoln Northwest's profit on one computer.....that is crazy!!!

Just matched builds on FN and newegg just for a comparison.

Matched part for part....except power supply. No need for a $250 Silverstone 1000W with this build. FN's selection is very bad IMO also.

All I know is I am getting two 1TB drives in RAID 0.....what brand or anything else is a mystery.

Anyways......on FN the final price is $3,313 and on newegg the final price is $1,767.

And that isn't nearly as bad as I expected it to be.....but of course profit margins are increased when the total price increases. They might charge you $300 extra per 4870X2 while on a 9800GTX they probably only rape you for about $40-$50.

CASE: NZXT Tempest
MOBO: ASUS P6T
CPU: Core i7 920
CPU Cooler: Some comparible WC setup
GPU: Sapphire 4870 512MB
RAM: 6GB Crucial DDR3 1066 (I know....but that is what FN uses also)
HDD: 2TB (2 x 1GB) WD Caviar Black
PSU: PC P&C 750Watt

Why you need a $250 PSU (newegg price, I'm sure FN charges you $350) for that build is beyond me.

yeah should have prob pointed out those are australia prices, trying to prove to bongwizard that i7 is not best bang in australia at all. unless your into CAD or video editing or sumthing in which case u need a quad.

Yeh, we are getting screwed atm thanks to the high US dollar. You will need about $2000-2500 australian for a good i7 build here.

EDIT: Although Baron, i have seen benchmarks for i7 that puts it about 30-40% faster than c2d in 3d rendering. Its good for me but only a very small percentage of people would use it for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom