Sound Hardware issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarion

Solid State Member
I have an annoying issue with using sound hardware acceleration that I have been unable to find a solution to.

I have a pci sound card, a sound blaster 5.1, and in certain games, like Battlefield 2, Oblivion and Fallout 3, the sound seems to echo when using hardware acceleration for the sound. In BF2 it's easy to remedy by simply switching to software for the sound. But there's no option for this in other games.

I'm kinda wondering why my sound card seems to have so much trouble with the sound in these games. The reason I bought it in the first place was to have a dedicated sound card so the processor wouldn't have to work as hard processing the sound.

Any Ideas on how to get Hardware acceleration working properly?

It sounds like the EAX effects are enabled. In the audio console you place a check in the box as well as choosing which type like concert hall or auditorium when selecting the effect for any sounds assigned to functions in Windows. This problem comes up in XP far more then in Vista.

That doesnt answer the question. I have a Sound Blaster as well. But mine is a Audigy 2ZS. We need more info than a Sound Blaster 5.1 as there are many kinds of them.

Live? Audigy? X-Fi?

More info is needed!

Also have you checked for updated drivers?

I've been looking into the EAx unified drivers but can't really find out much. Where can I find them?

As for the drivers, the latest ones, according to creative, are the ones that come on the driver cd supplied with the card.

The information at the Creative support site shows that the unified drivers are usually found on the game disk or at their own support site. Activision, 3DRealms, etc. You may end at those sites anyways to go through their faq/troubleshooting sections.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom