Motherboard ane sound Card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WWS

In Runtime
I purchased an ASUS Rampage 2 Extreme motherboard wihich included a supreme FX soundcard. For those with this motherboard is this a good sound card or did you get a different sound card? Just wondering if I should get a different card.

Quote from "http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/mainboards/display/asus-striker-extreme_3.html"

"So, it wouldn't be fair to compare ASUS Supreme-FX against any other stand alone sound cards, this solution is analogous to the Karajan audio unit used on DFI mainboards. Supreme-FX may outperform the integrated sound solutions offered by other mainboard manufacturers only thanks to the reduction of noises generated by analogue sound tract EMI.
Note that the AD1988B codec still has a few interesting peculiarities. Namely, it supports the Andrea SuperBeam Array Microphone that comes bundled with ASUS Striker Extreme mainboard. This codec provides great sound quality compliant with Windows Vista Premium Logo and Dolby Master Studio."

Googles your friend mate! Granted this is for the Striker Extreme but I guess it's the same soundcard.

Nice rig by the way, how much? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom