Please Help...video card not found!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestone86

Baseband Member
First I just want to say thanks for all the help you guys have given me during this build. That being said, here is the problem. I have a 9800GT and i am plugging it into a asus motherboard model P5KPL-CM. The motherboard drivers have been updated and everything is going fine except that the video card is not being found. If I disable the onboard graphics in bios, i get just a blank screen on startup. I had my buddy look at it and he is just as stumped as me. Any help would be great. Also, I can have the video card plugged into the motherboard and the monitor still gets the signal from the vga port, but the video card does not register in the device manager. Help Please!!!

Its only been a half an hour give us a chance I don't check every minute. I understand everything except this statement;
Also, I can have the video card plugged into the motherboard and the monitor still gets the signal from the vga port, but the video card does not register in the device manager

Last time I checked most 9800's have Digital and component outs not analogue without the use of an adapter. Has your tech savvy friend lent you his graphics card so that you can eliminate the possibility of it being motherboard related. Also can you post the complete parts list of your pc especially psu brand and model

i had a problem trying to intsall driversd on my 7950 and my 9600 gt
when i installed the drivers off nvidia it would make my screen go nuts
i was running xp but then i switched to vista 64 bit and wen to their website
and clicked the auto find thing where it looks for updates by itself, and dloaded them and it works fine now

i had a problem trying to intsall driversd on my 7950 and my 9600 gt
when i installed the drivers off nvidia it would make my screen go nuts
i was running xp but then i switched to vista 64 bit and wen to their website
and clicked the auto find thing where it looks for updates by itself, and dloaded them and it works fine now

Perculiar I would suspect you were selecting the wrong OS from the drop-down menu either that or the drivers were conflicting with something else on your system.

Hey guys thanks for helping, let me clarify some things. First, when i first booted up the computer, i did not get any signal to my monitor. I took the video card out and i got video to the monitor by plugging the monitor into the motherboard. If i put the video card back in i would loose the signal. I played around in the bios and I finally was able to have the videocard on the motherboard and still get a signal to the monitor. The problem however is that the video card is not recognized by my computer in the device manager. I downloaded the correct drivers for the video card but when i run the driver installer, it says essentially there is no video card that will support the drivers I have downloaded. I have updated every driver on my computer

Update.....I know its not the motherboard and i Know its not the video card. It has to be something in the bios.... does anyone have any idea?

I'm guessing theres a setting in your bios thats screwing around with the recognition. Sorry if I wasn't of help. =/

Are you with the latest bios? Perhaps the current one has a bug its not uncommon you may need to upgrade/ downgrade appropriately. If that doesn't work then I would rma the board and say the pci-express slot is dead I had one recently which had that problem I am now using the replacement board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom