I want to buy the best computer system imaginable

Status
Not open for further replies.
that i7 build fits into ur budget remarkably lower than you'd expected i bet. this point of this is what i have told many new people before that come onto these forums. The hardest part of building a rig is choosing the best parts at an effective price for you.

yeah, i would never even consider spending anymore then 1500 US for computer components, sadly i dont live in US so im forced to spend about 2250 for an I7 system if i was going to buy one.

yeah, i would never even consider spending anymore then 1500 US for computer components, sadly i dont live in US so im forced to spend about 2250 for an I7 system if i was going to buy one.

Sad thing is that AMD chips aren't much cheaper either. Unless your talking about the lower end X2's.

i can get an i7 system for about a grand Australian, but that's just the basics (ie CPU, mobo, RAM)... im really thinkin about upgrading, but its a hulluva lot of cash outta the pocket for so few components, but the mobo and RAM (thats where they really getcha) prices seem to already be coming down

wasnt saying anything about AMD, was just pointing out that atm i7 is ridiculously overpriced. a good e8500/p45 system is priced ok but i7 is really bad, im sure this is becuase all the older parts were imported befdore the currency went haywire.

right now, the i7 920 is the best price vs performance CPU on the market... the problem is that it only uses DDR3 and X58 mobos... so the CPU itself is a steal, but you kinda get shafted for the whole setup

just having a look, i suppose 2250 was a bit of exaggeration but to give u Americans a exmaple

gigabyte ud5 - 489
core i7 920 - 499
3Gb pi B - 265

thats already over 1 grand. and since i would like a nice big storage solution and a core 216 or something we are alreayd looking at close to 1700.

right now, the i7 920 is the best price vs performance CPU on the market... the problem is that it only uses DDR3 and X58 mobos... so the CPU itself is a steal, but you kinda get shafted for the whole setup

sure u can tell intel has alto of power in the i7 but in real world apps i havent seen a huge huge increase usually about 15% better rendering times or frames, usually less for frames.

so if u can get e8500 for 289
let $289 = 100% performance
core 920 = 499 so,
for an extra 15-20% performance u pay an extra
211/500 = 0.422 = 42% more.
so im my eyes its not better bang for ur buck.

sure u can tell intel has alto of power in the i7 but in real world apps i havent seen a huge huge increase usually about 15% better rendering times or frames, usually less for frames.

so if u can get e8500 for 289
let $289 = 100% performance
core 920 = 499 so,
for an extra 15-20% performance u pay an extra
211/500 = 0.422 = 42% more.
so im my eyes its not better bang for ur buck.

Where do you get $499 for an Core i7 920??

Newegg.com - Intel Core i7 920 Nehalem 2.66GHz 4 x 256KB L2 Cache 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1366 130W Quad-Core Processor - Processors - Desktops

$299.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom