Bsod Issue!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mute-

Solid State Member
Been driving me nuts,
Q6600, Gigabyte DS3R, 4GB of memory, 2x1gb + 2x1gb. Never had any issues with my system until it recently starting bsod'ing 2-3 times a day. Hoping someone can help me pinpoint the problem as i googled the stop codes and all i get are a variety of "it could be this or this or this" Below are a few sample bsod images and attatched files are some minidumps.

BSOD1

BSOD2

BSOD3

bsod4

I also have minidumps if they can be of use.

Download Memtest86+ and burn it to a CD/floppy/USB drive and then boot from it. It will test your RAM for errors. Run it for about 4 hours, and then see if there are any errors after 4 hours. If yes, there are some bad sectors on the RAM which is causing your BSOD.

RAM is a major cause of BSOD, so test that first. It's pretty easy to do.

Yours also might hint towards a driver problem, so be sure to update all of your hardware drivers.

Alright ill retest my ram again. But ill explain a little bit more of what ive done so far. Initially when i built the system like 8 months ago i had 2x1gb. I never had any problems for months, then i got 2 more 1gb sticks and i didint have any problems for a month or two. Now a month or two later im getting the errors. What i first did was run a memtest on all 4 sticks. It showed a bunch of memory errors. So my next step was to determine which of the 4 sticks was bad, or if a slot was bad. So i was going to do 1 stick a night in each slot. I realized it would take half a month so i changed my mind and put all 4 back in. So i then got the ntfs.sys bsod so i ran a chkdsk /r /f. Then i ran another test on the 4 sticks and memtest said it didn't have any errors? Right now i took out my latest bought sticks and have the 2 originals in and am going to run a test tonight. I also thought it would eb my hard drive dieing but it says healthy in disk manager.

And heres the latest one i got, bsod4

Btw heres the DUMPS if it can help get any closer to my problem.
http://themute.net/bsodfiles.zip

A hard drive dying probably wouldn't BSOD, but it might if certain files were getting corrupt.

Memtest finished overnight on 2 of the sticks i was using yesterday when i got a crash, and it said those sticks are fine. So im not sure what to do now.

This is what i am getting from your Minidumps:

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: DRIVER_FAULT
Process at fault IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.exe

You have a faulty Driver. Every Minidump is pointing to that same fault. Update every and all drivers.

Thanks so much for finding the problem mak. Now if you could only bare with me for a couple more posts. It shows no more possible drivers to update. Perhaps the problem is i shouldnt of updated one driver that was on windows update? Now is there anyway to go about finding which driver i need to fix?

It doesnt give a specifc. But not all drivers are updated by Windows update. You have to check for things like your chipset manually. Also check that you have the latest video drivers from the manufacturer's site. It would also be advised that you go to your PC's manufacturer site and check for drivers there as well. (Which needs to be done anyways for checking on the chipset drivers)

Windows Update only does few and very specific drivers. The rest you have to do manually. This is most likely where the problem is coming in.

Alright thanks, ill go download and install every driver off my motheboards website and also the nvidia driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom