Whats the best HDMI Cable for HD monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion233

Baseband Member
I have a full 1080p Asus monitor and I'm using DVI hookups. If I bought a HDMI cable would it make a difference?

Whats the best HDMI cable?
and how do I know if its compatible with my graphics card and monitor?

Re: Whats the best HDNI Cable for HD monitors

No hdmi and dvi are very similar they are both digital signals (in essence binary 1010101 with check sums to ensure the 1010101 are in the right places). Hdmi just adds audio to the feed and I think it has a built in encryption method possible. If your runnig less then 15m of cable then the cheapest cable you can find would be best as its digital the signal doesn't degrade easily. However if you want to plug it in three floors up and on the other side of the house then usual cable quality applies with gold bits and such like the monster cables are suppose to be quite good. Its a standard every dvi port is the same and every hdmi port is the same so it will always work. DVI adds an extra element though as its usually used in the computer market and people may have old style D-SUB VGA monitors an analogue signal is sent over some pins and a digital over others so an adpter can be used with ease.

Hdmi and dvi will have no difference. The only way you will notice a picture difference is if you have an analog now and switch over to digital. Otherwise if you have digital now, you shouldnt waste your money

Hdmi and dvi will have no difference. The only way you will notice a picture difference is if you have an analog now and switch over to digital. Otherwise if you have digital now, you shouldnt waste your money

Depends in most environments the monitor is only 1m away from the desktop so analogue and digital have no real difference except I believe D-sub has an upper limit for resolution.

I have a full 1080p Asus monitor and I'm using DVI hookups. If I bought a HDMI cable would it make a difference?

Whats the best HDMI cable?
and how do I know if its compatible with my graphics card and monitor?
Nope, no difference, both are digital signal video but HDMI has digital audio as well. That's pretty much the difference.

Baron said it. If no audio is needed, DVI will work just fine.
You can buy cables at a local Best Buy if you don't wanna wait for the shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom