EHD woes....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehgit

In Runtime
This one is a little long-winded, sorry.
I just got my Maxtor 1TB OneTouch Plus 4 EHD and the first problem I had was that I was not able to see my c: drive in the manager window. Now I'm pretty sure that it has to do with the fact that I am on a school district network server and that there are restrictions of some sort in place. The second problem is that when I thought I found a way to circumvent the restrictions and began to backup some files, which did get copied to the EHD, I found that was all I could do.
Now when I'm in the manager window and hit click the backup tab an error message says: "backup not available....make sure that your Maxtor OneTounch, have an NTFS-formatted partition." This message appears when I click the Sync button as well. According to the properties menu, it is. After completley re-installing the software and deleting anything copied to drive that it didn't come with, I found the same situation. So then I thought that by re-formatting it I would be able to start from scratch. When I began to format it the backup features in the manager became available (during formatting), the second I canceled the re-formatting, the same error message returned. Nothing on the support site addresses this particular error message, not even the manual. Anyone have any suggestions/experience with this? Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom