No Display...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zervic911

Beta member
Just looking for some help with this issue. I had my computer shipped out to me in nevada from jersey and it all got here yesterday. I hooked everything up and i can't seem to get a display on my monitor. What i've tried:

- Different DVI cable.
- VGA to DVI cable.
- All four DVI ports on my two video cards.
- Different monitor (this may not have be a reliable test because the monitor i borrowed only had VGA and the VGA to DVI cable I have had a prong missing on the VGA end).

Nothing seems to be working. I bought some dust off and cleaned the entire computer of all dust because it was ****ing DUSTY. I removed EVERYTHING from the MB and put everything back just to be sure everything was connected and seated properly. So, my question is, what COULD have happened during shipment? Everything was packaged to the highest standards. I checked the video cards for any damage, checked the DVI ports on the computer and monitor end for any damage, theres nothing that I can see. So, could something have happened inside the monitor during shipment? Could something have happened to the HD that would cause my not to get an image in some way? Just looking to rule out everything until i find exactly what it is so I can file an insurance claim. Any ideas?

Just for the sake of mentioning it, when I try the four different ports, theres a couple where the monitor tells me to check the cable. But where it doesn't tell me that it has the monitor in stand by mode.

So, discuss...give me some options, ideas, etc. Any help is well appreciated.

Thank you.

So it doesn't POST?(as in, the BIOS screen doesn't come up) It could be a RAM, PSU or CPU issue.

I had this problem not too long ago and it was caused by a bad PSU. It was underpowered I guess... Got a bigger one and now the only issues I have now are BSODs. Those would be the things to check first, as they are most likely.

So it doesn't POST?(as in, the BIOS screen doesn't come up) It could be a RAM, PSU or CPU issue.

I had this problem not too long ago and it was caused by a bad PSU. It was underpowered I guess... Got a bigger one and now the only issues I have now are BSODs. Those would be the things to check first, as they are most likely.

No, it doesn't POST. I can't get an image to my screen AT ALL. I've tried disconnected everything, still nothing. Tried using one video card/one stick of ram, and different combinations of that....still nothing :/ My PSU is like 750W or something...I can't remember, I was reading it before but now i'm at a friends room so i'm not at my computer...

Do you get any beep codes? Try stripping the machine to it's bare essentials (one stick of RAM, one video card, and no hard drives, lights, extra fans (keep the CPU fan obviously!), no optical drives etc).

Do you get any beep codes? Try stripping the machine to it's bare essentials (one stick of RAM, one video card, and no hard drives, lights, extra fans (keep the CPU fan obviously!), no optical drives etc).

No, no beep codes, no beeping at all in fact =\ I literally stripped everything out and put everything back in made sure it was all connected. Didn't work. So i tried it with one stick of ram and one of my video cards and no fans, lights, opticals, etc. Nothing, So i tried different combos with the video cards and ram i.e:

- card1 + stick1
- card1 + stick2
- card2 + stick1
- card2 + stick2

Still no picture, no POST...just nothing...

Are the fans coming on? Staying on?

I'm placing my money on either power supply, or motherboard. If you have a spare PSU or can use a buddies, then try that. If that doesn't help then it's most likely a bad motherboard.

Are the fans coming on? Staying on?

I'm placing my money on either power supply, or motherboard. If you have a spare PSU or can use a buddies, then try that. If that doesn't help then it's most likely a bad motherboard.

Light on the mobo is green. It was all working before it got shipped. Literally an hour before it got shipped. Um...fans do come on when I have them plugged in. Of course I keep the CPU fan plugged in. It all turns on and stays on until i turn it off...

Edit: here are my specs, with the exception of the mobo...I need to find the information for that as I didn't order it from newegg like I did the rest of the stuff. I actually got the mobo from a local computer store.

Western Digital Caviar RE WD1600YS 160GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive - OEM
Crucial Ballistix 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model BL2KIT12864AA804 - Retail
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Windsor 3.2GHz Socket AM2 125W Dual-Core Processor Model ADX6400CZWOF - Retail
OCZ ModXStream OCZ780MXS 780W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Retail
SAMSUNG 940T Black 19" 20ms LCD Monitor with Height & Pivot Adjustments - Retail
ZALMAN CNPS9700 LED 110mm 2 Ball CPU Cooler - Retail

Was the Case enclosed with foam or some other packing material to prevent the components from bouncing around inside? Were all the insides removed and shipped separately to prevent damage from being done to them?

From the sounds of it the Case was just put in a box. Which is nothing but trouble when shipping it across country. There is so much bounce and that done to it there are any numbers of things that could have happened.

PCI Card could have bounced and caused damage to the mobo. In fact anything could have bounced and done damage to the mobo.

Heatsink could ahve shifted and damaged the CPU. Cou could have gotten damaged.

You need to take it all apart and check each part. See if you can see any physical damage to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom