Core i7 vs Core 2 Quad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you can't be completely negative about a board that has FTW (for the win) in it's name.

By the time I put the new build together with the market like it currently is I could turn profits on the build and make quite a bit of cash.

I am just wondering if it is worth the trouble.. or if it doesn't really matter to go x58 and core i7 920..

Less than 30% performance increase I can live with the build I have for a while. But if it is like 40-50% of a performance increase... I gota get em..

I am gona eventually SLI my GTX 260 Core 216... Seems like it's worth 2-way SLIing.

I dunno about the 780i. I like mine, but I can't get my chip passed 4.28 stable. Granted, that's still 1.28 Ghz or 42% more than stock, but I still feel with a better chipset and board I could get more. Like Naga said, to each his own and it really depends on how much performance you wanna get out of it. I definitely wouldn't say it's a BAD board though...especially if you want SLI without spending top dollar for an x58 board and tri channel RAM.

I read I think on newegg viewing the Q9650 that the Q9650 if faster than the Core i7 at 4GHz even if the Core i7 is at 4GHz?

RaptureMe said:
Newegg.com - View Post
"I have pretty much the same setup as the guy below me.
Best Cpu Ever and cheaper by half the cost of the Qx9650.
Can Run 4ghz on Stock volts and 4.5Ghz at 1.3v
At 4.Ghz it is faster then all the Core I7 cpu's even when they are clocked at 4.Ghz.."
Thats pretty good if you can get the Q9650 to 4GHz with a TRUE...

Was that a customer review on Newegg? If so, I don't know how much I trust benchmark type information from customer reviews. I would think that i7 would beat a Q9650 hands down, but we'd have to see some good benchmarks.

Well...I'm sure everyone's board is different. But my max seems to be about 475-476 Mhz (1900-1905)

i'll say this:
i doubt that it will run 4ghz @ stock voltage. i doubt that it will achieve 4.5ghz with any voltage and air cooling (like real EASY like, anyways), at least as a general rule. yes, i know there are chips that will do this.
i will absolutely dispute the statement that it is as fast (let alone faster) as an i7 at the same clock.
newegg reviews...taste best with a grain of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom