Media PC. Little Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to get a videocard which is hdcp so hd compliant which is every card in the 8 series and above for nvidia. There are also software codecs available but there sucess is quite varied best to just offload the processing to a gpu. HDMI on the videocard has nothing to do with it.

ohhh, ok.
cool deal.
So, do you just use a DVI or SD video connector and buy a soundcard and hook it up to your TV for the best video/ sound?

HD video isn't the problem, it's getting full HD sound to a receiver. There currently isn't a viable solution. That is one of the reasons I am reconsidering. Of course, by the time I get everything purchased, I'm sure something will be out.

So, Noclue, you recommend it? I was hoping the functionality would be worth it, but wasn't sure. Are you trying to do full HD on yours?

You really shouldn't thread hijack but depends on the components involved you can send a seperate signal from your soundcard direct to the speakers with a dvi cable to send the video signal. Ati seems to favour implanting small soundchipsets on specific graphics cards which can be used to with an adapter to make a hdmi signal which combines video and audio in a digital format. Nvidia cards prefer to use spdif to transfer the audio in again spefcific models.

Synergy pm me if you need help or start a new thread its quite easy to send hd audio and video if you want any detailed help hit me up this thread has been hijacked enough

You need to get a videocard which is hdcp so hd compliant which is every card in the 8 series and above for nvidia. There are also software codecs available but there sucess is quite varied best to just offload the processing to a gpu. HDMI on the videocard has nothing to do with it.

Also, the hd3200 is hdcp compliant.

The 780G chipset is the most widely used for htpc's. have a look around and youll see. HDMI is just an addon,

AMD's 780G chipset - The Tech Report - Page 1

Theres also the 790GX, which is a step up and even better. Its a much cheaper solution than getting a board + seprate 8 series gpu. less heat and less power.

Not really a thread hijack, but w/e...

You can definitely get audio from a computer, but the problem is getting DD TrueHD and DTS-HD...hence my original question to Noclue on whether he was going HD with this build.

HD video isn't the problem, it's getting full HD sound to a receiver. There currently isn't a viable solution. That is one of the reasons I am reconsidering. Of course, by the time I get everything purchased, I'm sure something will be out.

So, Noclue, you recommend it? I was hoping the functionality would be worth it, but wasn't sure. Are you trying to do full HD on yours?

Ati 4870x2 does 1080p and sound out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom