Gaming input (mouse pad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

stb1swat

Daemon Poster
Hi everyone,
I recently bought a razer lachesis (two actually) and I've been hearing reports that cloth mouse pads are too soft and allow for unwanted cursor movements during gameplay.
For the sake of my awp and scout kills, it seems I'm going to have to go with a plastic or metal pad. Can anyone suggest a good plastic/metal pad? Preferably under $30

Also, if anyone has the razer lachesis, would you mind telling me how it preforms on your pad?

And sorry if this post should be placed elsewhere. Maybe under PC gaming section?

Have you considered glass? I am using a glass mousepad now and its great. Super smooth. The only downside is that its very cold. :p

Glass might mess up the laser because it won't get reflection.

Check out the Steel Series stuff, or the Razer mousemats.

I use a Razer eXactMat with my Lachesis. Killer combination. I love the solidity of the metal mat, and the coating is perfect for fragging.

no offense trotter but the exact mat is terrible compared to some of the mats you can get these days, the steelseries 5L would have been a better choice, but its still an alright mousemat for the average gamer.

No offense taken. I prefer a solid surface to cloth/rubber, and compared several before I made my choice The eXactMat won out over the Steel series, as well as several others. I like the feel of metal more than the feel of glass, and having two different mousing surfaces is a definite plus. I wouldn't trade my eXactMat for another pad, period.

stb1swat, you get what you pay for. The main thing is to go with what you want, not what we say. You are the one who will be using it every day, not us.

Yeah, good advice. I live in mexico at the moment, so its a little difficult to personally test out pads myself. And since i've never really bothered with a nice pad, I've no idea what I'm looking for. The best thing I can think of is to just ask people who own the pads I'm looking at.

steelseries do AMAZING budget pads, im talking like 20bucks for a good one, give me a website you wanna buy from and ill scout around, ill get you a few english links soon.QPad UC Large Gaming Surface

SteelSeries 4D Gaming Surface

SteelSeries QcK+ Gaming Surface

Ive got that steelseries QcK+ paired with a logitech G9 and i love it, so much control and its like half a metre big so no worries about room for the mouse to move, but you might need to check if your desk is big enough for the steelseries QcK+ and the razer goliathus.
Razer Goliathus Standard Control Mat Gaming Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom