I want to buy the best computer system imaginable

Status
Not open for further replies.
yes he could.. someone has sadly misinformed him about computers... or maybe he has misinformed himself

right now i have a 1.83 ghz 4 gb ram intel media accelerator labtop 17inch screen. All my games look like crap on this laptop.

i also have a crappy netbook which doesnt play games.

right now i have a 1.83 ghz 4 gb ram intel media accelerator labtop 17inch screen. All my games look like crap on this laptop.

thats because you're on a terrible laptop that doesn't even have a dedicated graphics card and most likely has a single core cpu. it is by no means meant for gaming by any stretch of the imagination

so for 6900 i can build my dream computer spigeal

**** yeah it would be one kick *** computer. Like the other guys say you probally won't notice the difference between 6GB or ram compared to 12GB. Same as the difference between 1 4870x2 compared to 2. Finally SSD really are a waste of money.

A couple Western Digital 1tb drives would be enough space for HD movies, music, etc... while a Velociraptor 10000rpm drives in raid will be perfect for the OS and games.

But by all means if you have that type of money to spend then go for. Pretty much everything I listed is the top of the line stuff you can get.

Laptops aren't really meant for gaming.

Anyways, spend a good $1200~$1500 on an i7 build, and you will NOT be disappointed.

i7 920 is 4 Cores but hyper threaded so it acts like an Octocore (Eight Cores!!!).

Trust me a good i7 build will run several light years ahead of your current laptop.

Its not about who can shell out the most coin when it comes to building your own computers. There is also a price/performance ratio involved. Which is part of the reason no one has recommended the GTX 280 as of yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom