I want to buy the best computer system imaginable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeh and also, you are better off getting 6GBs of RAM instead of 12, because getting 12 requires getting 2 seperate kits, and means having 6 ram modules. The end result will be a lessened overclocking potential. 6GBs is much more likely to overclock better. Then again if you get ridiculously fast ram that may not be an issue...

Having said that the difference in peformance between the best build for $3000 and one for $7000 is probably at most 10%... imo not worth it.

The $2500 budget also includes room for a decent monitor ;)

Meathelmet I doubt the difference is 10% and even if it was. The gap will more then likely disappear with decent overclocks.

which guy had the 2500 budget... i mean how do i get my dream computer for only 2500

does the 2500 budget have this qualifications

4GB video card( 2GB each slot)
16 GB of random access memory
intel i7 3.2 ghz with 12 MB level 2 cache
256 GB solid state drive
physics card...
30 inch monitor

which guy had the 2500 budget... i mean how do i get my dream computer for only 2500

does the 2500 budget have this qualifications

4GB video card( 2GB each slot)
16 GB of random access memory
intel i7 3.2 ghz with 12 MB level 2 cache
256 GB solid state drive
physics card...
30 inch monitor

what you don't realize is these are stupid specs. unless you run 3 instances of maya with huge textures, you're not gonna use 16 gb of ram. the advantage gained from 2 4870x2's over 1 is not a whole lot. The performance of the i7 965 can almost be reached with a simple i7 920. The solid state drive is waaaay overpriced. you will see a gain in performance but why not just get a small one for your OS and a regular one for everything else. physics cards are useless... nvidia cards have built in support for them now.

What do you want out of this computer? It will just be an average computer in about 5-6 months and you will be able to build something better.

Ok some advice.

First you don't need anything over 6GB of ram. Even 6GB is a little excessive.

Second a 8600 GT ($60) will handle physics better then a physics card.

Third you won't need anything more then GTX 260 (216's) in SLI.

Last but not least 4GB of video ram is overly excessive. The 896MB+896MB should be more then enough to handle the resolution on a 30" monitor. But if you feel that doesn't cut it. You could always look into Tri-Sli, in which case you'd have close to 3GB of Video Ram anyways.

Get a nice Samsung or Gateway 30" monitor.

Newegg.com - 30", LCD Monitors, Monitors, Computer Hardware

As far as the solid sate drives go. You will most likely fill up 256GB of space in no time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom