OS install issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
DSCN1351.jpg

That doesn't look like it completed successfully!

Is your processor overheating? Is your fan working? It could be a CPU overheating issue (I had something similar overclocking an old system past it's working level, though I'm not sure how it'd apply here).

How do you know it didn't compile successfully? I ran it twice, both with same outcome.

I've checked the fans before, they run. I doubt it is overheating because i get the lines and the funny "a" everywhere right from startup.

i don't understand why i would still get that error after killdisk. I wiped everything out so what is there left software related that would give me an error? anything?
Is it a hardware issue?

The fact that the computer store fixed it by using the repair function on a OS disk baffles me. It worked for a few days after that perfectly and now it has come back.

??

The random "a"s everywhere is a big sign that something isn't right, and all the random characters flooding the screen. This doesn't look anything like a software problem! If the RAM is fine (MemTest assuming it tested correctly thinks the RAM is fine), it could be a more serious issue (CPU problem, GPU problem, cache problem, VRAM problem, etc). I doubt the video card is even utilizing the GPU or VRAM at such a low level like MemTest so that leads me to think it may be a problem with the CPU. If you have a removable CPU and you can get to it, try reseating it, same with the RAM. Also if you have any sort of miniPCI/miniPCIe cards, reseat those.

The issue I was referring to with the overheating suggestion was that I overclocked an old computer one time (granted, it was a Pentium 1) and I got weird symbols all over my screen when booting. I don't think it was overheating, but the CPU was definitely having problems. It didn't have any problems after returning to normal speed. If you can underclock it, try that, though it's probably not an option on a laptop.

reseated everything i could underneath and checked into underclocking but that isn't an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom