Best gaming build for under $500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hazza88

Beta member
Hi everyone, im sick of using this old computer and its about time i upgraded, at first i was just gonna buy a fully setup ready pc but i have been told that im much better off building my own. So basically i have a maximum of $500 to spend (doesnt matter if its a bit over) to get me the best gaming computer i can get. So if you guys could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated as i have no idea what to buy currently. Looking forward to reading any builds you can post!

P.S I already have a nice moniter that im happy with.

EDIT: I thought i should also mention that ive never built myself a computer before and im not too familiar with all the lingo, so would it be just a screw in and turn on job, or is there alot more to do to set it all up then that?

Ram that cheap is the best? It is better than that PI stuff that is 2 X 2 GB?

i wouldnt say it was "the best"...but the OCZ costs 7 bucks after MIR, and has a 1T command rate. i can almost guarantee you the gskill wont do 1T. so the timings are the best.

I'm pimping 2 different sets of OCZ ram. 2gb of gold and 4gb of sli ready. Both were really cheap, both work great, however I only run mine at 310-330fsb and I'm not sure if I ever set them to 1T. Hmmmm Maybe I'll go look :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom