4870 ok for 1920 x 1200?

Status
Not open for further replies.
2x4870's CF are better then a single 4870x2 in most benches

Is there really no 1gb version of the 260 :eek: come on nvidia pull your fingers out its your second best card atm why not convince a brand to bring it out like saphire they seem fairly gun ho

hmm no im sure ive seen the 4870 x2 have an edge over the 2x 4870s CF in some benchmarks.

hmm no im sure ive seen the 4870 x2 have an edge over the 2x 4870s CF in some benchmarks.

In some games this is true... some that can't handle a dual-GPU-on-a-stick architecture would be better off with two HD 4870s in CFX

Oh..

Idk anymore.. Sites seem to have contradicting answers lately..

But B4B either card (GTX 260 or HD 4870) can't go wrong..

thats is both with latest nvidia and most recent 8.12 catalyst.. if there is one to believe... that is it ;)

all games patched... and most recent drivers... something other sites havent been doing!!!

but thats okay.. cuz a gtx 260 superclocked is as much as a 1gb 4870 anyway..

and lets keep in mind we're not talking which card is better than which card at stock... we're talking dollars people...... this card costs X amount of dollars is better than this card that costs the same X amount of dollars

none of this pish posh clock for clock bull crap...

i'll admit the sapphire 4870 is an excellent deal though... but i don't know if sapphire gives a lifetime warranty and excellent customer support as evga and xfx have given me (pretty much instant replies to emails on problem and solution)

On newegg the superclcoked core 216 is $260 while the cheapest 48701gb is $240 not including rebates. $20 isn't huge but its still a decent difference.

They way prices on cards can vary I would have rather seen which one is better at stock clocks without taking price into account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom