I have a few questions on performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMD6415

In Runtime
alright I have had my new build now for a while and I have 2 Radeon HD3870s overclocked edition, and I assume that its in crossfire but is there a way that I can check just to be 100% sure its using crossfire? Also I have started to play with overclocking on my CPU, still new at it though, and is there a program I can get that will tell me the temp on my CPU? I have a temp on my ATI Control Center and the temps there are great but with being new to CPU overclocking I really want to keep an eye on that. thanks ^_^

you should have a copy of asus probe that came with your motherboard. you can also check out the overclocking sticky http://www.techist.com/forums/f10/overclocking-section-sticky-index-191382/ and from there you can get to this guide Howto: Overclock C2q (quads) And C2d (duals) - A Guide V1.7 - OverclockersClub Forums These and other research should get you on the right track. the second link recommends other temp software as well. Good Luck

Thanks for the links.. those will be very helpful :D
28fc2782ea7ef51c1104ccf7b9bea13d.jpg
9701a1c165dd9420816bfec5edd6c2b1.jpg
f0dd4a99fba6075a9494772b58f95280.jpg

ok well I found and installed PC probe and love it thanks for tellin me about that one, but What about the Xfire question? How do I know that when I play games and stuff Xfire is enabling? If its in PC Probe could you tell me where to check? or some ideas? thanks

you can turn crossfire on and off in the catalyst driver. That is how you know and how you can see that it is turned on. I just saw a huge problem. You are going to have to change your name. How can you be amd6415 amd run an intel chip? It is blasphemy. ;-)

you can turn crossfire on and off in the catalyst driver. That is how you know and how you can see that it is turned on. I just saw a huge problem. You are going to have to change your name. How can you be amd6415 amd run an intel chip? It is blasphemy. ;-)

:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

ok thanks for the help :)... and on the SN... I shoulda made it better but at the time as far as I knew AMD was top dog pretty much for gaming so I figured that I was gonna stay on that side lol

Some games like cod4 have the option of dual video cards, my knowledge with xfire and sli is pretty limited I would certaintly guess that when you play a game it's using some of both cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom