Spyware programs,

Status
Not open for further replies.

TomW

In Runtime
I have spybot SD and AVG antivirus on my PC, I just tried one of those "free" spyware scans and it says I have 12 infections but have to buy the download fo $40 to get rid of them. Are these things a con? My spybot never shows any and the AVG seems to be working on catching stuff also. Is it possible I still have 12 infections and spybot is not finding them our do these so called free scans just say this to get me to buy the thing. [edit] I just checked with spybot after checking with the free scan and it found spyware that was not there before so I assume this "free" scan put something on. Tom

Hi, I scanned PC again with a different program and it found some stuff, I got rid of it all eccept for a W32/noala.b @ lvHKEY_local_machine/software/mregvalue. I updated my AVG but it won't detect it. I can't find any information on this. I also looked on the norton site for info on it and can't find anything there either. Is it a new one? Tom

you can always perform a torough virus scan online by clicking on the link in my sig too.

Hi ADZ, I ran a scan from your site and it says my PC is clean so that W32/noala.b must not really be on it. Thanks alot, Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom