Building new PC, need comments

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
So i finally get to build myself a new computer. Let me know what yall think. I am open to suggestions too.

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-EP45-UD3R
RAM: OCZ Platinum 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 1066
GFX: ASUS Radeon HD 4870 X2 (Tri-fan cooler)
PSU: Corsair 750TX 750W
HDD: WD Caviar Black 640GB
Case: Antec Three Hundred
DVD Burner: Samsumg 22X DVD burner
Heatsink: Xigmatek HDT-S1283 (with bracket)

I am trying to stay in the 1300-1400$ range.
I will be using this computer for both gaming, video editing, work, ...
I am using a 19" LCD, but plan on getting a 22-24" in the near future as well.

Thanks for any comments.

To justify the cost of the 4870X2. You should get at least a 24" monitor. Anything lower then that and a single 4870 performs almost as well.

Get 6400 ram (800mhz) like the G-skill pi blacks better value for money and in the uk atleast the 4870x2 is more expensive then two single 4870 cards even though the single cards give better performance.

**** you pinscher I was just working that out and got sidetracked by lovely coffee :p Thats a good build the only issue would be if the true fits in an Antec 300 they are exceptionally large heatsinks. Also if you have that much cash it may be worth waiting 3 weeks for the release of the new nvidia range if nothing else it will drive down prices.

Wait for the GTX295? Also due to AMD's new chips, Intel might drop the pricing on their i7's. But chances are they won't. Because in all honesty they don't need to. Unless AMD's new chips are crazy cheap.

**** you pinscher I was just working that out and got sidetracked by lovely coffee :p Thats a good build the only issue would be if the true fits in an Antec 300 they are exceptionally large heatsinks. Also if you have that much cash it may be worth waiting 3 weeks for the release of the new nvidia range if nothing else it will drive down prices.

the true is actually quite small compared to other heatsinks like the tuniq, and yes it will fit in very easily, even a tuniq fits in a antec 300. hey pincher, thats pretty much our build from the other day xD

I struggled to fit my ultra extreme into a full tower lian li as part of the frame prevented me sliding it on with the mobo tray and then a frame support was in the way of trying to connect it after so that had to be removed and replaced after the hsf was in and secure. Plus my mobo heatsinks have probably meant that its not quite aligned. The true and the ultra extreme are different sizes I have realised my mistake that threw me off said true but meant ultra

the true is actually quite small compared to other heatsinks like the tuniq, and yes it will fit in very easily, even a tuniq fits in a antec 300. hey pincher, thats pretty much our build from the other day xD

haha ya its pretty similar. I wanted to give him a better case, but he doesnt have a whole lot of money to spare. Especially once tax and shipping is factored in.

LOL saltynay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom