How often?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have an intel200mmx...never leave it on and its 7years old(on,off,on,off,on,off,on....)
and it still works!!! the good old stuff!

yeah, but the theory shows that leaving it on is better. Doesn't mean that ALL will fail, but ya can't ignore the laws of themal expansion :)

:chong voice: Hey man...ya gotta conserve energy for mother nature duuuude.

but yeah what would happen if it was just hot all the time? Absolutely nothing? So in theory killian you are saying that every time you turn off you're PC you're damaging its life? But yet isn't it a vicious catch 22 because if you leave it on constantly that too can wear down its life because of course....its being used...so either way you're screwed. That's life people :)

dont leave ur computer on all the time if its less than 1ghz because my old 550 mhz would slow down like crap if i left it on one night.

Killian thats a lame argument. Do u leave ur TV on 24/7 as not to wear it out? Do u leave ur lights on 24/7 cos u dont wanna shorten the life of the switches? Thought not.

As a HOME user he will see NO benefit from leaving his pc on if its just sat there doing nothing. Except in pointlessly using more electricity.

If u read thru the thread u'll notice other people mentioning the energy side if thing which is good:)
Glad not everyone thinks like u.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom