RAM Trouble(possibly)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its nVidia, but I got it from Dell after they sent me a new XPS 600 because when I was on the phone with tech support he told me to do something that melted the CPU, so they sent me this.

It also says on the side some parts may be refurbished.

well i know its nvidia :p

so it must be a reference card then... have you tried calling dell abuot the problem? to see if they'd replace the part?

No, I just assumed it was the RAM, because when I got it the computer started acting funny. Do you think I should stay with the 7900 GS or upgrade? It is Christmas after all and I have some money to spend. I don't plan on running any high grade programs, but I'd like to be able to run multiple clients of a game, which is why I did the RAM upgrade.

ya, ram would do the trick with that.. as for an upgrade... you could look into an 8800gs or 9600gso i suppose... that is if you wanna run games higher quality

but.. i do think you should find out if it is the video card or not... i don't see artifacting being a problem with system memory...

you don't have the old ram you used to have?

I gave it to a friend because his went out, haha. I'd rather just upgrade. And the warranty is out, unfortunately.

Can you suggest any card in particular?

what games do you plan??

radeon 4830, 9800gt

or to save a little more
9600gso, 8800gs, or 43XX (ati series card.. can't remember which one off the top of my head)

I play EVE Online, and City of Heroes/City of Villans, but I do play other games occasionally when they come out, I was planning on playing GTAIV but the computer problem happened..

I don't plan on keeping up, I'm more of a console gamer, I just use my computer for MMOs.

Also I have no trouble whatsoever playing Dead Space on its highest quality, but the other games just mess up and flash.. strange?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom