Using headphones as Mics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to be able to do that over ten years ago, I had a mic input on my amp and plugged in my headphones with NO mic and blew into the speaker of the headphones and the reverberation/vibration of the speaker resulted in my home stereo speakers doing the same thing, then I tried to talk into it, and although it sounded like crap, it worked. But, c'mon, I have grown up since then and I would go out and buy a real mic instead trying to mess up my equipment.

But yes, it has been done.

uhh no it hasn't been done.....thats just plain retarded....seakers aren't meant for also recording sound dude....they only output...theres no way on earth you can plug a headphone into the mic port and speak into the headphones to record sound.....if you argue with it anymore than that, then people need to just not reply to this thread because its a joke

Let me clear this up for you guys. You can use headphones as microphones. I just connected my headphones into my microphone input and used windows sound recorder. I talked into the left side of the headphones and saved the file. I played it back using windows media player and it worked.

The reason why it worked is because a microphone and a speaker (in this case heaphone) is essentially the same device. One works the opposite way of the other. Try it and see yourself

lol it does work altho not as well as an actual microphone.. because in reality if you dont know the principles of sound a mic and a speaker (headphones) are the same thing... except with a mic the vibrations from ur voice cause a plate to bump into a sensor which completes a circuit.. the current from this circuit goes into a synthesiser which calculates the proper frequency and wavelength the voice should be :).. in the same way a speaker transforms those signals from ur computer into actual sound.. im sure that headphones could double as a mic.. altho the quality from them would just be horrible.. much easier to just buy 5 dollar headphones :)

......yeah....crazy...just tried it out myself...can barely hear shit but yeah it picks it up.......I'm gonna go kill myself now

hehe yes it works, but no it isnt very good.

get a proper mic....... ive just bought a sennheiser e845 for recording guitar and precussion stuff in my bedroom. its extroardinary, i can hear my mum, downstairs......... chewing.... :rolleyes:

Slop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom