HELP! I cant get internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion233

Baseband Member
Ive had comcast high speed internet for the longest time I have a wireless router. I bought a L:inksys Wireless G installed the driver plugged it in and it doesn't work. why?

Did you reset the modem to work with the new router? Can just plug and play. You have to unplug the modem and router. Then plug in the router, then the modem, then turn on the PC.

This will allow for the modem and router to work together. If you did not do that then the reason it wont work is because your modem still thinks it is connected to the old router.

It still isn't working. I don't think the computer recognizes my usb connection.
on windows vista when ever I plug in my USB wireless G it says "found new hardware" Then I click install and than it says Vista cannot find software. Could this have something to do with it?

Even if it did, odds are it needs a firmware update, especially if it is an older model (WRT54G, GS, etc).

Call Linksys and let them step you through it.

The problem resides in the hardware he is trying to install.... the router isnt the problem. From the OP, it seems that he has always had wireless capabilities ... just got a USB wireless g card. Can't update the firmware on that puppy until it's installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom