Power Button Wire to Motherboard.. ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NayNay1991x

PeugeotEnthusiast
im not sure if this topic is meant to go here but ah well.

Anyways, my power button on the wire broke today, is there any place where i can get these from just a new complete wire and a button to turn it on. as long as it connects to the motherboard and can just click the button to turn it on. ill show you a picture of what wire i mean :)

Mobile Phone Camera sucks, but gets my point across of what i need lol

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00044.jpg

Is the button broken or the wire broken? If it is the wire cant you just put it back together with a little solder? sorry I cannot quite tell from your picture.

Just hotwire that baby. Just kidding (not really) I could not find anything quickly that would work for a replacement button. Maybe it is a good excuse for a new case. I would try to rig something with the remnants of your old button. or what was that show oh yeah junkyard wars.

Ive been using a Headphone 3.5MM Jack for that ;) haha! now it isnt working at all i kinda broke it more :p

to be honest mate. the motherboard is getting old its only a Celeron D 2.53GHz :/ Time for a new desktop i dont use it :/

All you need is something to close the circuit between the 2 pins on the motherboard. If it was a new machine I would be a bit careful but what the heck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom