here is something you can make fun of...sidepanel

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was just giving you a hard time about the vent though man.

i know ;) and i did ask for it.

next time ill be sure to have the proper tools in hand. or ill just buy a real case for a change.

my case is currently worth minus 8 dollars.

Dude, a dremel is a perfectly fine told for cutting a window.

Been working on a case mod on and off. The panels are 2mm steel and my knockoff dremel handled it just fine.

i had to cut that AMD case window with a jigsaw. i guess i could have used a dremel, but i didnt want to celebrate my next birthday before i was done ha ha. plus, i dont think i had the right cutting blades for it. it worked great in the sanding area and filing sharp edges though.

thats more like it ;)

i used a dremel to do this with lol. its all i had avalable at the time.
ya its a horrid hack job ;)

Hey, I give kudos to anyone who is willing to take the dremel to a case, regardless on how it turns out. You can't knock it until you've tried it.

As for the mod...better luck next time :p Nah, joking, not too bad for your first cut, it's always the hardest.

Here is how I do a dremel window panel, although usually I use a jogsaw now.

Flip the panel over, make the cut from the inside of the cover so that if the dremel skips or slips you don't have a bondo repair job on your hands. Knicks etc... aren't noticed on the inside.

For cutting round corners with the dremel (atleast how i do it) hold it in both hands vertically with the disc facing south, almost like squeezing a tube of toothpaste. Face the corner you want to cut and angle the butt end of the dremel away from yourself so that the round cutting disk is at an acute angle to the panel. The cut will have a natural curve to it when the disc is applied at an angle, just take your time, concentrate and follow your corner line and you'll have a decent round shape to the corner. You can use this to cut circles as well.

Finish it off with some u-channeling trim and your golden, after a couple they'll look pro, better than stock. This is one from the summer....oh how I miss the warm weather, my dremel beckons me. :(

Nagasama, where did you get the thick channeling from?

jfinwick, that is one slick looking case you have there.

very well done, and i love the glossy finish.

i had that trim left over from when i restored my boat, no kidding. i never got around to swapping it with the thin stuff, which would have looked a bit better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom