Suggestions for upgrading gaming performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking, I could double my video capacity too from 256 to 512 in the process. I guess with that much room for improvement still I shouldn't need anything else for the time being.

thanks guys.

That's what I was thinking, I could double my video capacity too from 256 to 512 in the process. I guess with that much room for improvement still I shouldn't need anything else for the time being.

thanks guys.

Increasing video memory doesn't necessarily increase performance. For example a 8600gt 1gb would be slower than my 8800gs 384mb. The main factor in a graphics cards performance is it's gpu not the amount of memory it has.

If you have a 939 socket processor you are using DDR memory. If you have an AM2 or AM2+ you have DDR2. Make sure you know what socket you have because you may also have to upgrade the motherboard if you are going AM2/AM2+

sh*t I'm such a rookie at this.
yeah my processor is 939, so just DDR. I should have double checked this crap before hand. but it's a 939 socket.

what I was thinking about getting was one of these:
Newegg.com - EVGA 512-P3-N871-AR GeForce 9800 GTX(G92) 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

I don't think there's any reason I wouldn't be able to support it, but is there something else I should go for that would provide more immediate gains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom