Need Help Fast

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbinnerarity

Baseband Member
Ok,so i just got everything connected and working but when i plug up my monitor, nothing happens. Anyone that might know what the problem is?

Fans spin? Lights turn on? Anything when you hit the switch? Not really being specific...

sorry...newbie here.....yes, fans spin and lights are on....green light on motherboard is on....thats all i can tell...

Do you have integrated graphics on the motherboard taht you can try to plug into and see if you can get a signal that way? Can try clearing CMOS as well.

Clearing CMOS means unplugging the computer from the wall, press the power button a few times to drain extra power, and then remove the small silver coin battery on your motherboard. You may have to short a jumper as well...refer to your motherboard manual for this. Take the battery out for about 5-10 minutes and then put it back in.

yes, i think.....the m/b has a monitor connection. tried to hook up to that after i removed the graphix card, but still nothing.......how do i clear the cmos?

thanks for your help......pulling my hair out

Already said how to clear CMOS in my above post.

And you're welcome.

Also, make sure your RAM, and all your cards are seated properly. I know that if you don't have RAM seated tightly, you won't get a display on the screen (found this out the hard way before lol).

unplugged, hit power a few times and removed battery.....replaced and rebooted....nothing......looking in manual to find how to short a jumper on m/b

How long did you leave it out? Should leave it out for a few minutes.

Make sure you check to see if all parts are seated tightly (make sure CPU power plug is in, GPU power plug is in if it requires one, etc).

No problem.

Just pop it in, make sure its seated tightly, and make sure you plug in the power connector (if your card needs one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom