evga 9800gt no signal to monitor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

thestone86

Baseband Member
I just put together my first computer, and everthing is working fine except that when i have my video card installed in the mother board, no signal goes to the monitor. If i unplug my video card, the bios does boot up and the monitor does work.Is this video card dead? Should i install everything and then install the video card after i install xp?

I first just plugged into the video card. Then i plugged into both the motherboard and the video card. that didnt work so i took out the video card and just plugged into the motherboard. With no video card, the bios screen came on. im now installing xp without the video card on the motherboard. is that a bad thing?

Thanks for the heads up, why cant i connect to the internet? for cable isnt it just plug and you are connected?

you just reinstalled windows so you need to load all of your drivers in. Start with chipset then move onto lan (this is your ethernet card so you can connect to the internet) What motherboard do you have or what model of computer ie dell dimension 2300? Also do not forget to update windows as well.

I built this computer, so it doesnt have a model number, but i do have an asus p5kpl-cm mother board and i have installed the drivers that were on its disk. I want to download updates for windows but have to connect to the internet and it says that its not detecting any connections.

hey try only using one stick of ram first, my friend had the same thing installing a 8800 a while back and it was remedied but booting with 1 stick of ram, installing drivers then installing the other ram

Look in device manager and see if your network adapters are showing your lan card. It should have a 1394 connection but that is firewire and not what we are looking for. If one is not showing we still need to install the drivers for that. From the asus website it looks like there are a couple of different lan options that came with that board. Here is where you can get the latest drivers for that board. ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

If all else fails, pull the BIOS battery for a minute and start up again.
28fc2782ea7ef51c1104ccf7b9bea13d.jpg
9701a1c165dd9420816bfec5edd6c2b1.jpg
f0dd4a99fba6075a9494772b58f95280.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom