onboard audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
My system specs are in my sig, the mobo has 8.1 channel onboard audio, I am using it in 5.1 config with the correct audio cables going to their respective ports on the amp/sub.

Now, here's the thing, I use nothing but Winamp 5.? (the latest winamp) for most of my audio needs, and lately I have been hearing some cuts in the music, like it cuts out real quick for a tenth of a second, and keeps on doing that pretty repetively when another program is running. Mainly it happens while either MSN is running or Bearshare (P2P program) is running. These two programs do not take up that much memory and/or CPU when I check it out in my taskmanager.

What could be causing Winamp to mess up so much? I have noticed one thing that struck me as odd, in the task manager, the system idle process takes up 99 CPU sometimes and I cannot end the program, I'm guessing because it's vital to my system's performence. Everything else seems to be in line.

Thank you beforehand for your help,
Matthew

well, for one, when you are downloading from bearshare (esp if your sharing is on) its your harddrive that is being worked not your cpu. the HD is reading files to be uploaded, writing files that are downloaded and Winamp is trying to read the file it has been commanded to play. Triple work all at the same time for the HD hence the skip in the music.

I will go to Asus' site and download the drivers, thanks. Also, after bearshare runs it still does it, and also after MSN. It's just those two programs, and not at the same time. I have 1 gig dual channel DDR and a 3.2E P4, bearshare and/or MSN shouldn't have that big of effect on the comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom