Help check for compatibility on my computer build?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes! Thank you everyone so much, I got it running to the area before you put in the operating system, I'm going to spend the rest of the night reading the manual to see what all this bios stuff is about, then I'll be back later.

Now that my system is built I need help again heh. Is there a new subforum I should go to and make a new thread for, or is it ok if I continue to ask help from here?

I think I need to edit the CMOS features, because the computer stops at verifying dmi pool data.

It lists a bunch of stuff, then goes

Verifying DMI Pool Data ................ Update Sucess
|

Leaving the bar there is that where I put in the operating system or is there a problem?

Sorry I haven't gotten the operating system yet, so I don't have a manual to back me up or anyting.

When you boot up your computer, go into bios and set your boot priority to your disc drive. Then the computer will restart and insert the Windows disc. Then Windows should install.

When you boot up your computer, go into bios and set your boot priority to your disc drive. Then the computer will restart and insert the Windows disc. Then Windows should install.

Thank you, when the OS comes in (likely tomorrow or monday) I'll do that.

Once you have installed windows I can walk you through formatting a harddrive for storage use.

Hey Saltynay, I have it all installed now, and I am using the 250 gig one as the c: drive. How do I set up my 500 gig one? I have it set as the slave on the channel that the other hard drive is on.

I also have it saying that my dvd drive is my D drive.../shrug.

Drive letters are automatically assigned you can change them if you want.

To sort out the drive you need to format it so;

Control panel--> "classic view" (just so were working on the same tabs as such --> administrative tools --> computer management--> storage (either click on the one in the left or right tab they are both the samething) ---> disk management --> then right click on the one saying unallocated space and format to ntfs with any label you want to identify it.

Drive letters are automatically assigned you can change them if you want.

To sort out the drive you need to format it so;

Control panel--> "classic view" (just so were working on the same tabs as such --> administrative tools --> computer management--> storage (either click on the one in the left or right tab they are both the samething) ---> disk management --> then right click on the one saying unallocated space and format to ntfs with any label you want to identify it.

Thank you, it is formatting right now. I appreciate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom