hard drive qustion

Status
Not open for further replies.

blu98cvc

Solid State Member
i have seen this before but i have a question on SATA drives is it possible to you a ata drive as the operating system and have a SATA drive as secondary for everything els eif so how would i do this i know this has been talked about alot sorry if im repeating also my motherboard came with its drivers on a disk not a floppy so how can i load third party drivers if i cant use a cd i have a Soyo SY-KT600 Dragon Plus v 2.0 mother board im not really sure how to load SATA drivers so i can run xp pro on it thats why i was considering a standard ata drive for op system

i think that if you just keep your current ide hd where it iss (the one with the current os on it) and then you can just connect your sata hd to sata 1 instead of sata 0.. then when you start up windows if it does not read the sata drive just use ur cd and load the drivers for the raid controller.. restart.. and it should show :).. you can also create a partition of ur sata drive either with windows XP setup OR fdisk Or ur raid controller OR a software program such as partition magic... if u want me to clear something up just ask :)

thanks got a question i only have sata 1 and sata 2 not sata zero on this motherboard

or if you want to have ur sata hd as the drive from which u load from just take ur cd to another ocmputer.. and have a blank disketee with u and just copy ur chipset drivers for ur raid controller onto the diskette (you would look into your chipset folder as u have an onboard raid controller) then when you load ur windows installation just go thru the instructions that are there at the top for setting up ur sata hd and ud have ur drivers on ur diskette taht you can use when you need them :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom