power supply broken?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmaaxx

Baseband Member
PLEASE RESPOND ASAP

hey all,
yesterday i was using my self built computer and left it unattended for 5 minutes so i don't know what happened.
when i came back upstairs the computer was turned off
now it cant be overheating as i carefully monitor my temperatures all the time + ive got enough fans and liquid cooling to cause a tropical storm on a rough sea.

anyways the computer DID respond to the on button or onboard on switch but not longer than half a second. lights switched on and off, fans attempt to spin but dont get much further before the power goes down.

when the powersupply switch on the back is turned on or simply there is power on the mobo the onboard lights are on (that's the Gamers' republic logo, and some small other LED's) i've tried clearing CMOS but of course that's not the problem, ive taken everything apart today and reconnected everything again but same problem occurs.

Tomorrow I will be going to some shops far away from my place to buy a new supply but if this is not the issue please tell me anything that could help.

Apreciate it,
Maxx

ive checked, no leaks and the closest connection point is at least an inch away from the psu.

nice avatar btw, one of my favorite bands :p

yep i will

have three choices though

1.thermaltake 1000w which is the most expensive

2.Force (or something, didnt understand what he said over the phone) which is sloightly cheaper and 1000w too

3.FPS which is what i was currently running, ts the cheapest and 1010w.

any of you got a recommendation?

BTW: IN FLAMES' concert was amazing!!!

hahh just came back from shop, yeah i think so too but in the future im planning to go triple 280:p need all the power i can get heheh, gonna fire it up tonight, bought a thermaltake 1200W lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom