HARDCORE COMPUTER'S "REACTOR" project

Status
Not open for further replies.
that wasnt in the BIOS... that was a external temp sensor monitoring between the side of the pot and the insulation... if you're gonna use an separate temp sensor (which most everyone does when using sub zero cooling), you should measure at the foot of the vessel, not on the side where its not absorbing energy

it could have been a world record at that time (im not really sure when they actually did it), but i read somewhere that it wasn't... maybe thinking of a different toms project... either way, im not too keen on toms

Sorry for the lack of updates. Hardcore now wants me to team up with their development dept on this project. They wanna pick my brain (scary) :eek: or try and influence my direction? :freak: The first thing I'd recommend to them is a fillport for the oil. They're shipping 100 pd these beasts with 5.5 gallons of oil pre-installed. Yowza!

oh god that could get tough... 5 gallons is not only mad expensive to ship, but even a tiny leak means the product is useless... a fillport is an excellent idea... a bigger rad too... with the one i see in those photos, they'll get very little heat transfer, so really the rig is just gonna end up stewing in its own juices lol

Aye, shipping the fluid in containers that were designed to carry it would be a good idea.
Just include a small siphon with a squeeze ball pump. Those cant run you more than 5-10 bucks.

that would be ideal!

even just a cheap fillport like the ones used in watercooling would be great... might need a slightly larger ID than a normal fillport because of the higher viscosity

I'm excited to see where this goes!

I know the guy who designed the Reactor, which I'm sure you now know, MN:) I'm going to be pursuing a job there this summer, and will be taking a tour of the factory in the coming weeks. Do you have any plans to go down there from Dec 20th to Jan 15th or so? If so, I'd love to meet up with you there. I'd also like to find time during that time frame to come see your shop:)

I think this is a cool, innovative concept, even if not completely the most viable solution in some cases.

I'm really excited to see what you do with this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom