Overheat Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexluethar

Fully Optimized
I have an office PC that is giving me trouble. I've searched Google, manf. website, and the bios configuration and can't find anything on this - so i'm hoping you guys can help me out.

I have a computer that about 5 years old. It has an Intel motherboard (D845GVAD2) and Intel P. 4 processor. The issue is whenever the system turns off, whether for going into hibernation, sleep, or a shut down when I boot back up I get the bios error message of the system having to shut down because of a heating issue, press F4 to continue. It also takes 3 - 4 touches of the power button to get to that message, as it starts and stops the first 2 or 3 times.

This is bogus because I keep the computer on for literally 5 days at a time and it never shuts down because of heat. I've had it off for a week or two, turned it back on for 5 minutes then turned it off an got this same error message (essentially negativing the possibility of heat actually causing this message). Just to make sure i've reapplied thermal paste, reseated the heatsink, and cleaned the entire inside out.

This DOES NOT happen when i restart the computer, only when it turns off for any other issue like sleep/hibernation/shut down.

I've checked all bios settings, i've even set the jumpers to go into the 'manual configuration' of the bios to find a setting and I haven't found squat.

I'm stumped...

It could be the CMOS memory dying. I would try replacing the CMOS battery first to see if it could be the battery dying and the CMOS is just giving the wrong signal because of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom