What video cards to go with core i7? Cast your vote now!!!

What Video Card Setup Should I Go With?

• nVidia 8800GT's (18,000 in 3dmark06, 71 FPS crysis)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ATI Radeon 3870x2, just get another soon!

• ATI Radeon 4850, get another for crossfire later!

• ATI Radeon 4870x2, get another one for crossfire later!

• nVidia GeForce 260 GTX core 216, get another one for SLI later!

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What gurusan said.....link please.

Money was tight a week ago so you bought another 8800GT, but this week you can buy a 4870X2?? WTF kinda sense does that make?

My problem is you come on the forums and act like, "i bet with *blah blah blah* I can get 30,000 3dmark06 and 80FPS in Crysis.....don't you think" and "I bet with this heat sink I can overclock to 4.5Ghz" and "I bet if I overclock my PCI-E slots to *BLAH BLAH* I can get....."

And then you get on other peoples threads handing out advice about getting a 9600GSO SLI setup when you can get a 4850 instead......wait actually you said it was idiotic or something to get a 4850 over a 9600GSO SLI setup.

nope all high 1280 x 1024

Do you have a 17-inch monitor?

24k in 3dmark06 with 8800gt cards seems like a load of BS to me.......

huge_bs_flag.gif

24k in 3dmark06 with 8800gt cards seems like a load of BS to me.......

well considering thats what i have, i guess thats too bad for you pete huh? :D

What gurusan said.....link please.

Money was tight a week ago so you bought another 8800GT, but this week you can buy a 4870X2?? WTF kinda sense does that make?

My problem is you come on the forums and act like, "i bet with *blah blah blah* I can get 30,000 3dmark06 and 80FPS in Crysis.....don't you think" and "I bet with this heat sink I can overclock to 4.5Ghz" and "I bet if I overclock my PCI-E slots to *BLAH BLAH* I can get....."

And then you get on other peoples threads handing out advice about getting a 9600GSO SLI setup when you can get a 4850 instead......wait actually you said it was idiotic or something to get a 4850 over a 9600GSO SLI setup.

i had a 3870x2 lying around from another customer build, yet again you make another "ASSUMPTION" ! again!

the guy has a 680i invida sli board, its an nforce....i recommeded 9800 GT's or 9600 GSO's based on my experience with those two, as being a good card for the cost, instead of him speding alot of money...

as far as the 4850 what idiot puts crossfire on an nforce board? are you serious jack? thats ridiculous.....end of that...

so far you judge people, you assume stuff before you ask, and you dont read properly.....

facts:

1.never spent money on 3870x2 - you just assumed it....
2.guy recommends ati crossfire on a nforce sli board - completely stupid
3.you say i implied 9600 gso was better than 4850 - learn to read nowhere did i say that..

Do you have a 17-inch monitor?

nope i dont....i have a 19 inch...

Question.....

Do you know what crossfire is?

Saltnay, I have no problem with a pupil....which is not what he is. He is pretending like he knows what he is talking about when you just need to look at that 1440x3870 flag 2 posts above this that says "BS!!!".

well considering thats what i have, i guess thats too bad for you pete huh? :D

Prove it?

facts:

1.never spent money on 3870x2 - you just assumed it....
2.guy recommends ati crossfire on a nforce sli board - completely stupid
3.you say i implied 9600 gso was better than 4850 - learn to read nowhere did i say that..

1. What are you talking about a 3870x2 for? I don't even understand where I brought up a 3870x2?

2. No one recommended crossfire. Just so you know, SLI and Crossfire are not required when you build a computer.

3. You RECOMMENDED a 9600GSO SLI setup and said to buy a 4850 was idiotic. You said a few days ago that an 8800GT was better than a 4850.....just admit you have absolutely no clue about video cards or much else for that matter.

I have no problem with someone asking question to gain info and make better decisions. Rave_Tech is not doing that.

A couple of screenshots would save yourself rave from this...

Also rave at that resolution your gfx cards really aren't at there full potential your getting approx 20-30% increase on performance whilst if you go upto 1600x1200 you will start getting a 60-80% performance gain also depending heavily on whether the game supports sli ofcourse

1. What are you talking about a 3870x2 for? I don't even understand where I brought up a 3870x2?

2. No one recommended crossfire. Just so you know, SLI and Crossfire are not required when you build a computer.

3. You RECOMMENDED a 9600GSO SLI setup and said to buy a 4850 was idiotic. You said a few days ago that an 8800GT was better than a 4850.....just admit you have absolutely no clue about video cards or much else for that matter.

I have no problem with someone asking question to gain info and make better decisions. Rave_Tech is not doing that.

my bad you said 4870x2, still an assumtion as i will not be getting the new cards for a while....

he recommended an ATI card, which if he wants a second, he would then be required to run crossfire, as nvidia cards run SLI...

so if this is the case why put a single ATI card in an nforce board? still sounds absurd regardless of how you talk of such an action...

i recommended 9600 gso for price, due to his low budget, but showed him prices and results for 8800/9800 gt...as well...

impressing you is not one of my goals, as you still need to impress yourself, which seems to me you have not done...

when you want to act like a human being then thats fine but this is ridiculous pete...

my bad you said 4870x2, still an assumtion as i will not be getting the new cards for a while....

he recommended an ATI card, which if he wants a second, he would then be required to run crossfire, as nvidia cards run SLI...

so if this is the case why put a single ATI card in an nforce board? still sounds absurd regardless of how you talk of such an action...

i recommended 9600 gso for price, due to his low budget, but showed him prices and results for 8800/9800 gt...as well...

impressing you is not one of my goals, as you still need to impress yourself, which seems to me you have not done...

when you want to act like a human being then thats fine but this is ridiculous pete...

Who the **** is pete?

I have an nVidia card in a board that can't run SLI, as do a lot of people on these forums. SLI and Xfire aren't the greatest technologies on the planet.....and once you realize that you will find better and smarter video card options.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom