i7 920
3 x 2gig DDR3 1600
2 x gtx 260 core 216
2 x 640gig RAID 1
SB x-fi
HP DVD
Vista 64

Do I need to change anything?

The only thing you need is a CPU cooler, stock coolers are disgusting and you wouldn't want it being seen from the outside of your Antec 1200. How much are you paying for this system?

Thanks.

I think that cooler will work.
That PSU looks good too.
I did get the ram, it's corsair.

Too much. Second video card
will have to wait a little while.

ya the price can sneak up on you pretty fast. You still have an awesome build though. You will enjoy it :D

Thanks. Yep.

Everyone has that G.Skill memory.
Tell me the corsair will be ok!

I am starting to put this together.
Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been nervous with
a build since my first build.
But this is a little bit. :)

Im jaded when it comes to Gskill. Its given me a lot of blue screens over the years...
28fc2782ea7ef51c1104ccf7b9bea13d.jpg
9701a1c165dd9420816bfec5edd6c2b1.jpg
f0dd4a99fba6075a9494772b58f95280.jpg

The corsairs are fine, don't worry. I've just heard alot of people say that in general, corsair doesn't overclock very well and I think they don't use the high end chips but its not a huge deal unless you are looking to overclock alot. I just swear by G.Skill because my old HZ's overclocked like a beast with ease and my new ones are awesome too, except I wish I had waited just another week until they released those PI Blacks.

That build is... monstrous.

I was looking at the x58 motherboards a little bit; I'm getting an i7 build as well, soon. I think the EVGA will be a nice mobo, but you may want to take a look at the Gigabyte UD5 x58.

It seems to have all the pros of the EVGA (XFire and SLI), except it also has a nicer PCI Express 2.0 config., which is where your lovely Core 216's will go. The UD-5 has a 16x/16x/8x setup, while the EVGA only has a 16x/8x. So, the UD-5 would give you more room for more cards, but more importantly, better bandwidth so as to take full advantage of them (and not bottleneck them).

The Gig also has 12GB more maximum memory.

Choice is yours though, EVGA is a great company to buy from from what I hear, and its board might also have more USB ports and such.

EDIT: Ok, all of that might have been useless... I think I misread the stuff on newegg, EVGA can also go 16x/16x/8x, just that you can choose to let one slot have 8x bandwidth rather than 16x. Not sure why you'd want to do that, maybe power consumption? Sorry if I confused/angered anybody with that crap.

Thank you for your replies.

It's up right now! I really like it.

I locked it up once with their oc
tool so I am stuck initializing raid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom