p6t and i7 920

Status
Not open for further replies.

insanepsycho

Baseband Member
does the asus p6t mobo and the new core i7's REQUIRE triple channel memory or is it just supported and one could still use dual channel memory as long as its ddr3?

i also just realized that the ram i ordered from newegg requires 1.8v and i just finished reading some more reviews saying that anything over 1.65v could dmg my i7 anyone know anything concrete on this? [EDIT] All the articles are from October i havent seen anything recent [EDIT]

full build as follows:
650w antec psu
asus ati 4850
xfi xtreme gamer (sound card)
p6t deluxe (not the palm oc or w/e)
core i7 920
2x2gb of Newegg.com - OCZ Special Ops Urban Elite 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
and a 320gb hdd

the ram is what im worried about now and somewhat the psu on wether or not ill have the power

Weird I7 pc not really extreme high-end like most are you just jumping on the band wagon for the sake of it? socket775's are still very good I consider I7 to be for very high end multi-gpu gaming rigs or encoding pcs. The 4870 is on newegg for $180 but you will get better performance if you go sli in the future with 2x Evga 260 core 216

well see i am trying to get to high end but cash limits require me to do it in small parts and due to xmas i was abel to get the i7 and mobo and ram and with money after xmas i was planning on getting another 4850 to crossfire and another hdd or 2 for raid config also my bday is in feb so this is kinda the second step for my rebuilding and i still have step 3 and 4 to take but right now i have a crisis about this ram bc newegg of course has a non-refundable policy and i alrdy ordered it so am i completly screwed?

full build as follows:
650w antec psu (alrdy had)
asus ati 4850 (alrdy had)(going to buy another soon)
xfi xtreme gamer (sound card) (alrdy had)
p6t deluxe (not the palm oc or w/e)(just bought)
core i7 920 (just bought)
2x2gb of Newegg.com - OCZ Special Ops Urban Elite 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory (just bought)
and a 320gb hdd (alrdy had) (gonna get more soon)

well see the problem is that i don't have the money right now to buy more ram unless i can get pretty much all the money back that i spent on the ram i bought but i can return it to newegg

you need to get triple channel ram with 1.65v or lower. You will fry your processor! dual channel ddr3 ram is only meant for x48 motherboards. x58 requires triple channel ddr3. get some Corsair dominator ddr3 12800. you won't be sorry :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom