characters in the BIOS are blinking

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwizard_sym

Beta member
New MB and CPU came up fine installed XP, Office, and AV software was up for a few hours on problems. Went back after a few more hours and seemd it would not wake. Hmmm
Hard boot.. nothing was able to enter BIOS but the characters in the BIOS are blinking first one the another then seems like every other one. Same when booting from a w98 boot disk. it is an MSI MB K7N2GM-L(MS-6777) I have attempted to clear the bios and another video card still the same. The question am I fryed?

I was going to guess video card until you mentioned you tried another one. I dying PSU could probably do that like TheMajor said. I can't really think of much else that could cause the video character generation to mess up. You might try more/less power to the video card.

Whoa, I have never seen characters in the BIOS doing weird crap. <--Short post! Whoa I did it major!

very good, your posts are getting better...
i agree with Capricorn..power fluctxuation and some graphics card issue

I'm looking at corecenter and it says my +12v rail is at 11.58 does it need to be a little higher than that? Mean too much of it is getting sucked away or what?

yeah but is that slight or what? cause I'm adding more fans but I'm getting the thermaltake purepower 560w with a 22a +12v rail......how many hard drives...cd roms...fans..etc... do you have running and how big of wattage and what size voltage rails if you don't mind me asking :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom