Internet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

karstovac

Beta member
My internet looks fine on the outside...but it stops every few times an hour for a split second, enough to stop a Game on Xbox Live, D/C from a Party on Xbox Live, cause big lag spikes on Games, and D/C from some games.

We have two routers, they have the same IP and when I tried to change one, my internet wouldn't work at all anymore. I use Windows XP SP2 and it happens on any browser. Any help or any more info needed? Thank you.

One of the routers needs to be set up as a pass-through. I'm not great with that, but I did move the thread to where it will get the help you need.

For starters, what are the make and model of your routers? And is your modem already set as a pass-through?

Thank you very much. About the pass through...I'm not sure, I'm not the computer smart one to be honest, my brother is but we don't normally see each other and he is the one who just recently put in the new router. The router type however, I can supply you with.

The first router never caused any problems, it is the DLink DIR 655.

He recently put in an extra router to help his signal where his hookup is. This router type is a DLink WBR 2310. It is plugged into the first socket in the DIR.

I'm not very off the bat knowledgable about these things but I can follow directions excellent. Thank you, hope this helps.

bypass the wan port on the 2nd router and use one of the numbered ports and turn off dhcp, you should change the IP too in case u need to access them, they shouldn't have the same ip.

so it will go modem to wan on first router then from first router to say port 1 on the 2nd.

Okay, the WAN was already bypassed but the DHCP wasn't, so I disabled the DHCP server or whatever it was under the Network. I'm trying out Grand Chase to see if it randomly kicks me off again, which means that the internet is still having bumps which will kick me off.

When you are kicked off, try pinging a website using the command prompt. It may not be an error on your part, it could very well be a problem with the ISP. I have the same problem, and I have a cable connection. When playin' a game online, I'll get kicked, but I have a single router, that is brand new, and it set up correctly. My ISP admitted it was their fault, as they have been having more people sign up, and since I have a new apartment complex across the road, my service has been terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom