Core I7 Compatible with this MOBO?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can play crysis and I have 2x8800gts 640mb first gens with max settings and a bit of AA on a 1920x1200 screen. What card specifically were you looking at the 9800gtx are better then 4870's cf normally as I said and the 260's are the step above. Auzentech have the creative license so same functionality but better quality components and driver/customer support

Whoever told you that 2 9800s are faster than a 260 is smoking dope. Also, the biostar board only supports crossfire, so you cant run multiple 9800s anyway. You'd have to go with a 750/780i motherboard if you plan to run SLI.

Quote:"Some games the GTX 260 may win, the majority it will lose. You are in the perfect position to test both if you like, but otherwise unless a favorite game has SLI issues, I'd be gaming on the two 9800GTX+'s if it were me"

The far future is when i'd SLI if I ever decide to. And if that be the case I'll upgrade again..

For the price the 9800GTX seems pretty good to me. $149.99 vs $229.99.. and i'm pretty sure i'd never fully use the power of a gtx260 in the time I will have this computer.

There's really no need for me to present a budget, but I have $1,600 then it's back to food stamps... :(

You still haven't told us a budget trust us not like we make anything out of misleading you and if were wrong we squabble and debate which gives you the chance to see the sources and facts and decide for yourself but us "gurus" rarely squabble as we know through mass research the right way.

cpu: I7 920
ram: 3x2gb set of ddr3 (1333mhz)
hdd: Small 320gb for daily use + 500gb-1tb for storage
psu: 750W Corsair
mobo: X58 EVGA's are suppose to be good
gfx: 2x 260 core 216 sli or 2x260's (sli)

cpu: I7 920
ram: 3x2gb set of ddr3 (1333mhz)
hdd: Small 320gb for daily use + 500gb-1tb for storage
psu: 750W Corsair
mobo: X58 EVGA's are suppose to be good
gfx: 2x 260 core 216 sli or 2x260's (sli)

Thats pretty much what I would do with $1600 except I would get a PC P&C PSU.

If the 260s are that incredibly good I could wait until I have more $ for them and just EVGA step-up.. Then again every time I get the money for something I am always recommended something newer... the cycle will go on forever.... I have a Samsung 226bw that took up a lot of my funds.. in about a month I'll have a couple hundred $. After this small show I have to put on I'll get a SLI capable motherboard.. Every SLI motherboard I read about can't overclock well or has issues with something or another. What's a good SLI motherboard that overclocks considerably well and fully supports the newest GPUs in SLI? I'm keeping the Biostar and building another PC with it later. I'll transfer the water-cooling and such to the new SLI build.

The x58 boards support SLI and will overclock very well. Go with what saltynay posted

Well just to add to your dismay there will be new 55nm 260's and a new 285 (I think not sure) which will be top of the line for nvidia released in January. The 55nm are meant to have the same stock speeds but be able to reacher faster overclocks so brands will probably take advantage of this and if not more benefit to the home user. The tech world moves fast the only things that stays the best for long are soundcards and hdd's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom