Afordable Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

QUACK

Solid State Member
Motherboard - G-B EP45-DS3L
CPU - Intel E8400 Dual Core or Intel Q6600 Quad core? ($30+)
CPU COOLER - Thermaltake Blue Orb FX
RAM - 4GB Kit DDR2 800 Kingston-HyperX
GPU - ATI Radeon 4850 512mb ASUS or ATI Radeon 4870 512mb ASUS? ($150+)
HardDrive - Western Digital 640gig
DVD Drive - Pioneer DVR-212
Power Supply - Coolmaster extreme 600watt
Case - Thermaltake V9 Does this have blue or red LEDs?
Mouse - Logitech g5
Keyboard - Logitech g15
Monitor - 19” 2ms DVI WS Samsung 953BW
OS - Vista Ultimate 64 bit

I will be building this system and using it for gaming.
It looks like it will run recent games without any problems, is there anything i need changing?

Well if you are on a budget I would suggest not getting Vista Home Premium instead. Ultimate just has a couple of features you will probably never use. For the GPU the 4850 would be fine since its a good card and you'll only be using a 19" monitor. CPU wise I would probably go with the e8400. It has a better clock speed and will OC better so it will be better for any games that don't take advantage of multi-core processors, and right now most don't.

I would go with this powersupply over that coolermaster.

Newegg.com - CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX 550W ATX12V V2.2 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

and that cpu hsf is really expensive and not all that great. get this one instead, it is much cheaper and it is the best one out atm.

Newegg.com - Sunbeam CR-CCTF 120mm "Core Contact Freezer" CPU Cooler - CPU Fans & Heatsinks

stick with the e8400, or even better move up to an e8500 with the money you will save from not getting vista ultimate and that cheaper hsf

the 4850 will be a great card at that res. but I don't know if I would personally go with ASUS, I would get a powercolor or visiontek, thats personal preference though because they hae lifetime warranties.

I actually cant find any of those at the place i'm buying them at, i got the blue orb FX for its looks not for its performance i just wanted something better than the stock cooler.

This is the place im buying my system at MSY

Oh, didn't realize you were from AU, well unfortunately I don't know anything about AU shops so I can't help you much. That link you gave looks like a ridiculously confusing site haha

if you want to shop online. Online Computer Store - Umart online® Your one stop Computer Shop for computer parts,notebook and new system i find is the cheapest, otherwise MSY should be the cheapest in Australia. but stock isnt always in.

for cooling PC Case Gear, Quality case accessories and components is good also.

i wiould have gotten different ram, cpu cooler and psu, but if your already have the, they will still be fine. if you want to search all sites in AUs for cheapest prices Compare prices - Australia - Price Comparison - Comparison Shopping and www.staticeice.com.au are good.

Well than which CPU cooler, PSU and RAM do you recommend me getting?
Please use MSY since that's probably the only place in which i can get to for the cheapest prices.

Dont worry mate, i goto MSY all the time.

MSY dont tend to have a very good selection of cpu coolers but i would get the Zalman 9700LED for $65.

For PSU, without a doubt the Seasonic PSR550+ 550W. No question there....

and for RAM, grab a 4G Kit-800(2x2G) G.Skill-NT. Nothing like the PI series but it will save you loads.

Dont worry mate, i goto MSY all the time.

MSY dont tend to have a very good selection of cpu coolers but i would get the Zalman 9700LED for $65.

For PSU, without a doubt the Seasonic PSR550+ 550W. No question there....

and for RAM, grab a 4G Kit-800(2x2G) G.Skill-NT. Nothing like the PI series but it will save you loads.

Alright i changed everything, is this better than the ram you recommended 4GB Kit DDR2 800 Kingston-HyperX?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom