First Build Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Callofbooty

Baseband Member
Hey dudes. My newly first time build pc took a crap on me while i was playing WOW. First, it froze and when i tried to get out of the program a message popped up. it said "logon process has failed to create the security options dialo.......
failure - security options. then i tried to reset it. after that happened, i got this on my screen. "S.M.A.R.T. capable but command failed
Pri master hard disk: S.M.A.R.T. command failed. This sucks. after wow looking so good since i currently reinstalled Vista. then upgraded my GPU driver along with some sweet graphic tweeks.

Oh yeah P.S. i forgot to tell you the computer asked for the boot disk. so i put it in. i went to repair Vista. And now it wont recognise my partition. so i hit load driver. and im not sure what to do?

Pentium E5200 Wolfdale 2.5GHz
100245L Radeon HD 4850
Biostar TForce TP45HP Intel P45 ATX Intell Mobo
OCZ Peaper 4G DDR2 800
Western Digital Caviar SE WD1600AAJS 160GB I thoght i rmember only 149G? 7200RPM SATA
Samsung 22X SATA

Im stumped. This sucks!
Holler Holler Holler!:D

Re: Crap!

SMART is a hard drive diagnostic utility I believe; given the information you provided it sounds like your hard drive has failed. To make sure though; download the Ultimate Boot CD (google) and run HDD diagnostics on your hard drive to see if it's physical functioning.

Sometimes SMART can give false positives. Try disabling SMART in your BIOS and see if the problem persists. If you still experience crashing then it was most likely right and you have a bad hard drive.

Nothing worse than having a hard drive crapping out on you. Did it make any noises or anything prior to it shutting down?

no dude. no noise. just wirrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rihhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. but anyways. now my computer wont let me into bios mode. all you gotta do is press delete. thats it. but nooo. could it be windows? did i install the drives wrong. what the H E double hockey sticks is going on?

If mashing the delete key at startup isn't working try F1. Windows has nothing to with the BIOS.

no dude. delete key is the right key. i got it to work this morning. i went into bios, couldnt find SMART any where. so instead i loaded optimal defaults. when i exited i got the blue screen and then a black screen that said primary master hard disk error. im on the internet now so i dont know? the hard drive does seem to work a little hard when the computer is booting up.

Dang. That sucks. this hard drive is only a few weeks old. I guess ill return it to newegg.com and go over to tigerdirect and buy a new one. any suggestions on a good brand? The one i have is western digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom