HP 6500 ethernet driver issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravelink69

Beta member
Hello, i have a HP dv6500 and have been trying for a while now to get my eithernet card to work. My wireless works fine but it doesnt matter what i download from HPs website, i just cant get the ethernet driver to work.

Has anyone else had this problem?

sorry if you need more info ill be happy to give it to you, im not really 100% on what is needed for this issue

Strange laptops normally have fairly generic drivers for ethernet I have not known one to be useless in linux which is renowned for problems with network drivers. I shall do a quick google and see if there is any complex jargon that explains this.

What Operating system are you trying to use?
Did it come like this from store? If so send it back you fool its probably a hardware issue

well, its running windows Vista Home Premium edition. I had the laptop since thanksgiving of last year so its out of warrenty. I had always used the wireless because it runs perfect but now my job requires that i need to be able to use a wired LAN connection.

I ran Ubuntu for a while on it and the wireless worked but not the ethernet so that what told me its not a windows issue.

So what OS are you currently using? Ubuntu usually has a problem with wireless solutions by the broadcom chipsets but the ethernets are fine. Windows vista is good now after the initial issues have been ironed out and the windows update should find missing drivers or you can go to computer management and look for drivers with ! in a yellow circle next to them

Im running vista now. I have tryed to update via the device manager screen but it tells me that there are no updates or it cant find a better driver than it already has.

I have also tryed downloading the ones from HPs website with no success.

I install digital presses in print shops for a living and the press is set up as tho it is a desktop printer. Basically i install the printers VIA USB 2.0 printer cables and everything works just fine. But when the press messes up or gets dirty on imaging parts i have to hook up VIA ethernet and ftp direct charge files to the press. it doesn't recognize that im connected to anything regardless of what kind of cable i use, whether its Cat 5, Cat 5E, Cat 6 or crossover (im not familiar with what wires do what, i just know thats what they say on the side.)

so i know its not the cables. as far as ports, im not familiar with that

Check the BIOS real quick and see if Onboard Lan/Ethernet is disabled. My Toshiba came defaulted to that for some reason a while back. Guess how long it took me to find that solution lol.

sorry it has taken so long for me to reply, been busy with work. that option on BIOS was turned off so i turned it on but unfortunatly it still did not fix the problem. so i changed the boot order to boot the network card first to see what it would do and it basically kept trying to connect or find a DHCP and never stopped. i dont really know what that means but thats what it did. so now im back to wireless only....any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom