Calling Guitar Hero Experts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shumway

Fully Optimized
Any tips for a noob? :p

Grabbed myself the Aero Smith edition for the ps2 and i suck bad.

Can obviously play no problem on easy but anything higher my fingers get all screwy :mad:

What do i need to do to get better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (besides practicing more)

I have beat every Guitar Hero and Rock Band game on Expert for guitar. Practice a lot of course. It is the only way.

But if you are interested in getting better, anytime you play.....go up to 1 level higher than what you are comfortable with.

You may be limited though, I have played piano since I was 7 and guitar and saxophone since my early teens. I have noticed that other piano players have no problem with this game at all, especially fingering the fret board. Guitar players have an easier time strumming.

The one thing I can say is get used to shifting your hand and don't rely on your pinkie finger too much. On medium using it is fine but once you hit a solo on expert you need to move your hand extremly fast and your pinkie will wear out! I use mainly my three other fingers and then my pinkie to hit spread notes like a green and orange hold note.

You just gotta keep playing until you develop the hand speed and your muscles start to remember the patterns. One tip I have is not to put too much force into anything. If you put to much pressure on the buttons, you won't be able to shift your fingers quick enough. If you put too much pressure down on the strum bar, you'll lose speed.

Been working on medium and starting to get a hang of it more,Playing around a bit with the harder ones too just to pratice HOPO's :D

I'm defenitly seeing that its just going to be practice and more practice :mad:

It does take a ton of practice and you aren't over the hill yet! Easy to medium seems pretty hard but it's the transition from medium to hard that's the big one. The orange note kills you for quite a while. I gave up for a while trying to move on to hard and then started up a few months later determined to do it. Glad I did because playing any song on expert now is so much more fun.

You really should pick up GH III. Best track list of any of the games and definitely the hardest. That's where I learned.

I'm planning on grabbing it but its barely ever in stock around my area,It took me a week just to find the Aero Smith one.

Gonna hit all the pawn shops and a couple of the EB Games stores and see what i can pick up used,Might even pick up Rock Band as its only $100 new for the ps2 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom